|Note: This document only applies to customers using the private "Pipe17 Shopify App".|
How can I check if I am using the Amazon MCF by Pipe17 App?
The easiest way to check is by opening the Pipe17 App and navigating to Integrations -> Shopify -> Settings.
At the bottom of this page, you should see an App Version field value of 1.0.
Pipe17's newest version of its Shopify Connector is now live! You can learn more about it here: https://apps.shopify.com/pipe17-app
The new version ships with the Shopify approved integrated API customer data audit access feature - more information found here: https://shopify.dev/docs/apps/store/data-protection/protected-customer-data
Another key feature is the ability to read historical orders for any pre-order that is more than 30 days old using the `read_all_orders` scope (https://shopify.dev/docs/api/usage/access-scopes#authenticated-access-scopes)
|Note: Before you start on the below steps, please ensure that you are LOGGED IN to your Shopify admin within a separate tab. You can log in to your store by clicking here.|
1. Ensure the user re-authorizing the connection has the right permissions. The user should have the following permissions. You can find the permissions if you go to Settings > Users and Permissions and check the permissions for a specified Staff, the store owner has all the permissions by default.
2. Navigate to you Shopify integration in Pipe17. Open it up, go to the Connection tag, and click "Re-Authorize". If you do not see the button, please contact support.
3. A new browser tab will open. Follow the authorization (OAuth) flow as prompted by Shopify.
Tip: If you own multiple Shopify stores, please double check and select the correct store. Selecting the wrong account can result in issues, and it may be difficult to recover your settings. If you don't remember the store which was previously connected, please contact our support team. Pipe17 can help determine the correct store URL / name to use for this migration.
4. If you have more than one Shopify store connected in Pipe17, repeat the two steps above for each integration.
5. Uninstall the old Pipe17 app. The steps above will install the new Pipe17 app, but it cannot delete the old one. You can find the old Pipe17 app by navigating to Settings > Apps and sales channels, you may encounter more than one Pipe17 Apps there, "Pipe17 Inc" or "Amazon MCF by Pipe17" or both, please make sure all of them are uninstalled.
The old "Pipe17 Inc" app used a green logo
Click on Uninstall for the old Pipe17 Inc. app (identified by the green logo) and follow the prompt.
The new Pipe17 app uses a purple logo
Navigate back to the Shopify integration in Pipe17. Go to Settings tab, navigate to the bottom. Verify that the app version is 2.0. Please refresh the page to make sure the App Version that shows up is up to date.
If you are looking for assistance with the migration, or If you have any issues, questions or concerns regarding the migration steps above, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team at https://support.pipe17.com. We're looking forward to hearing from you and will schedule a meeting to smoothly migrate your setup to the new Shopify app.