In this Article
- Adding Hold Rule
- Default Hold Rule
- Overriding Default Hold Rule
- Order Change During Hold
You may not want Pipe17 to send your orders for fulfillment right away: perhaps you want to give your customers a window of time in which to cancel/edit their orders. You can set this up in Pipe17 using one of the following:
- Automations - This Article [Recommended as of April 12, 2023]
- Order Hold Engine (now Deprecated)
Adding Hold Rule
Follow these steps to create hold rules using Automations feature. You can add any number of rules. They are executed in the order added. Once a rule holds the order, subsequent rules will not be executed. See this article for more details on how automation rules work.
- In Pipe17, click Automations in the left navigation pane.
- Click Add Rule
- Give it a Name
- Add a Description
- Add your Order Source, e.g. Shopify, Walmart, Mirakl, etc.
- Add your order Filter rule
- Select Tags Equals Any Of <your one or more tags>
- Add Hold Order Action
- Set Hold Minutes to 60
- Decide if you want the hold clock to start when order was synced into Pipe17 or when customer place order in the selling channel
- Select next status after hold as Ready for Fulfillment
- Click Save
You can create as many rules that hold order as you want.
- "Hold Minutes" allows you to specify an order hold period. By default, there is a 10 min hold.
- See note below on order hold defaults
- "Next Status After Hold" allows you to set the order status that should be applied after the hold period. You can select "Ready for fulfillment" (if you want orders to route immediately after the hold) or "Review required" (if you want to manually review and release each order).
- For a refresher on order statuses in Pipe17, see Order statuses.
- "Hold period starts when" allows hold clock to start when order was synced into Pipe17 or when customer place order in the selling channel
Here is an example of holding Shopify orders for 30 minutes.
Default Hold Rule
Every new organization has 10 min default hold for all new orders, but any existing org migrated from Order Hold Engine to Automations feature will have a default based on the default set in the Order Hold Engine. If there was no default hold set, post migration the default will be 10 min, else the default will carried over from the Order Hold Engine.
Default order hold rule cannot be disabled.
Overriding Default Hold Rule
One can override the default hold by adding a New Rule for all orders from all source integrations with hold minute 0.
|Pipe17 recommends to always add a hold of at least 10 minutes in production environment as many selling channels update order during the first 10 minutes. In absence of this hold, order can be sent to the 3PL requiring manual intervention to cancel.|
Here is how one can override the default to 0 minutes.
Order change during Hold
Yes, you can edit orders during the hold period! This is a great use of the hold period in Pipe17. If you use an upsell app or notice that your customers often want to make changes shortly after placing an order, configuring an order hold will allow those changes to come through to Pipe17 before the order is routed for fulfillment. Otherwise, the order might be sent for fulfillment without the edits. Pipe17 will also reflect any order cancellation that happens during the hold period.
Here is an example of 4 hold rules.
- Shopify order hold for 30 min
- Amazon order hold for 60 min
- Default order hold for 0 min (overriding the system default rule)