DSCO is a drop-shipping management platform operated by CommerceHub. Pipe17 supports the following order flows to/from DSCO:
- Pull Orders
- Pull or Push Catalog from/to DSCO
- Pull or Push Inventory Updates from/to DSCO
- Push Fulfillments to DSCO (tracking information)
In this Article
- Connecting CommerceHub DSCO to Pipe17
- Configuring Your Order Flows
- Configuring Additional Settings
- What's Next?
|Before going live on CommerceHub DSCO or any other integration, please review the Pipe17 Quick Start Guide to ensure all steps have been followed to ensure successful order fulfillment.|
Before getting started on this guide, ensure that you are already logged into your CommerceHub DSCO account in a new tab. You can access your DSCO portal by clicking here.
- Ensure that you are subscribed to a CommerceHub DSCO account. Other types of services such as OrderStream are not compatible with this integration. To clarify, a CommerceHub DSCO account only covers your drop ship orders being placed by your retailers.
- Ensure that you have already reached out to CommerceHub DSCO support to obtain your dedicated API Token. The API Token cannot be found within the DSCO UI and can only be acquired by contacting CommerceHub Support by clicking here. The API Token is required for Pipe17 to establish a connection.
|Important: If you are a new DSCO user you must complete the Onboarding process with your DSCO representative. Pipe17 is not responsible for completing this process for you and will not be able to advise on any tasks required within the Onboarding process.|
Connecting CommerceHub DSCO to Pipe17
Now that you've completed the above requirements, it's time to establish a connection from Pipe17 to your DSCO account. Let's get started!
- Login to your Pipe17 account by clicking here.
- Login to your CommerceHub DSCO account by clicking here.
- Return to Pipe17 and click on Integrations > Add Integration > Search for CommerceHub DSCO.
- After clicking Add a screen titled Flow Settings will appear. Keep all settings disabled for now, we will revisit these later on in this guide. Click Next.
- Select the CommerceHub environment you would like to connect. If you have a staging account you may select this from the dropdown. Enter the API Token provided by CommerceHub Support in the designated field.
- Click Connect
- A successful connection will show a green "Connected" within the main integrations page within Pipe17. If you see a "Not Configured" or "Error" status, please contact our support team for further assistance.
Configuring your Order Flows
Pipe17 supports the following "flows" to/from DSCO. Flows can be described as data that Pipe17 will pull from DSCO, or push to DSCO. For example, Pipe17 can pull your orders from DSCO to send to a connected 3PL, or Pipe17 can Push inventory updates from a 3PL to DSCO. Let's review all of the support order flows in more detail:
- Pull orders from CommerceHub: Flip this toggle to the ON position when you are ready for Pipe17 to begin pulling your orders from DSCO.
- Disabled: Products will not be pulled nor pushed between DSCO and Pipe17
- Pull product catalog from CommerceHub: Select this option if you would like for Pipe17 to begin pulling your product catalog from CommerceHub. If you would like only certain products pulled, we will review advanced settings in the next section of this guide.
- Push product catalog to CommerceHub: Select this option if you would like for Pipe17 to push a catalog from another source (Shopify for example) into CommerceHub DSCO.
- Disabled: Inventory will not be pulled nor pushed between DSCO and Pipe17
- Pull inventory updates from CommerceHub: Select this option if you would like for Pipe17 to pull inventory from CommerceHub. Inventory will be viewable within the Inventory tab in Pipe17.
- Push inventory updates to CommerceHub: Select this option if you would like for Pipe17 to push inventory from another source (3PL or IMS) to CommerceHub.
- Push fulfillments to CommerceHub: This toggle must be turned on in order for Pipe17 to push tracking/fulfillment information originating from your 3PL into CommerceHub for the respective order(s).
Configuring Additional Settings
Now that you have an understanding of Connection Flows, let's review the Additional Settings and filters included with the CommerceHub DSCO integration. Below the connection flow menu, you will find another menu titled CommerceHub DSCO Settings. These settings allow you to fine-tune the data that is pulled or pushed from/to DSCO. Do you want Pipe17 to push or pull only certain products, or pull orders in certain statuses? Those settings can be configured in this menu.
- Exclude orders created before this date/time: Enter a date and time in this field to tell Pipe17 to only pull orders created after the date/time added to this field.
- Pull only orders with specific order IDs: Enter one or more Order IDs in this field to tell Pipe17 to only pull those specific orders. All others will be ignored.
- Pull orders when assigned the following statuses in CommerceHub: Select one or more CommerceHub order statuses within the dropdown to tell Pipe17 to pull orders assigned to those statuses. By default, Pipe17 will pull orders that are Pending shipment and Created.
- Allow pulling previously acknowledged orders: Turn this toggle ON to tell Pipe17 that it is acceptable to pull orders that have already been acknowledged prior to connecting CommerceHub DSCO.
- Pull only orders allocated to warehouses tied with fulfillment locations in Pipe17: This setting is turned on by default and will tell Pipe17 to pull orders from CommerceHub that are merged/linked with a 3PL location in Pipe17. For more information on warehouse locations and merging/linking, visit our Quick Start guide.
- Cancel CommerceHub order when canceled in Pipe17: Turn this toggle ON to tell Pipe17 to push a cancelation to CommerceHub if you decide to cancel the order within Pipe17.
- Cancel Pipe17 order when canceled in CommerceHub: Turn this toggle ON to cancel an order in Pipe17 if it is canceled in CommerceHub. Note: Always ensure that your fulfillment partner has canceled the order on their end if they have already received it.
- Process products with specific SKUs: Enter one or more SKU values in this field to tell Pipe17 to pull/push products matching specific SKUs.
- Report inventory totals from Pipe17 to dedicated CommerceHub location: If you would like for Pipe17 to aggregate all inventory in Pipe17 to a dedicated CommerceHub location, select that location from this dropdown.
- Process inventory information only for products with specific SKUs: Enter one or more SKU values here to tell Pipe17 to update inventory in CommerceHub for those products only.
Congrats! You've connected DSCO to your Pipe17 account, and you're now ready to begin routing orders from your retailers to fulfillment.
Check out our Pipe17 Quick Start Guide for some helpful context on testing and other subjects.
Not Seeing Orders?
There could be a variety of reasons why orders are not pulled from DSCO into Pipe17. Let's review some of the most common misconfigurations:
- Order is not in "shipment created" status in DSCO: Pipe17 will pull all orders that are in created status and have a shipment created. To create a shipment in DSCO you must select the order and click "SHIP" in the top right corner.
- You are pulling orders assigned to a warehouse that does not exist in Pipe17: Pipe17 will pull orders assigned to a warehouse (in DSCO) that match a warehouse location configured in Pipe17. To accept all orders regardless of the location, ensure that the setting titled "Pull only orders allocated to warehouses tied with fulfillment locations in Pipe17" is turned off. This setting can be found in your CommerceHub DSCO Settings which is described here.
- You have not completed the mandatory DSCO onboarding process: If you are a new CommerceHub DSCO subscriber you must complete the onboarding process. If you see a yellow banner at the top of your DSCO account then you have not yet completed this process and your account is not active.
Need more assistance?
Contact our support team. We're happy to help!