There are a variety of settings that can influence Shopify and how we ingest, or pass data between each platform that it might be connected to. If you might be receiving information incorrectly, or not at all - this would be the best place to start.
In this article
- Order(s) missing in Pipe17 from Shopify
- Fulfillment information missing/not updating on Shopify
- Inventory is not updating on Shopify.
Order(s) missing in Pipe17 from Shopify
All of my orders are missing on Pipe17
- Orders not set to ingest: If orders are not coming into Pipe17 from Shopify, you likely do not have the "Pull orders from Shopify" setting turned on in the Shopify integration settings. Make sure this setting is enabled
- Default Date: Pipe17 only imports orders that are placed after the date and time when you configure the connector.
- Integration Error: When you review the integration from the integration list, ensure it does not show any errors. If so, you may need to contact support or reconnect your integration to resolve a connection error.
I am missing a specific order, or group of orders
- Incorrect order filter: If your integration is correctly configured to pull orders from Shopify, you may have added a value in the "Tag Filter List" or "Location Filter List" in the integration settings. Both of these will limit the orders that come into Pipe17, so make sure the values in each field are correct. Refer to the help messaging in the Pipe17 portal for how to configure each field, this is accessible via the question mark icon next to the field.
- Advanced Settings: You may have your integration set to ingest or process specific SKU's, or tags.
In addition to the above, in some circumstances there may be other reasons (such as a downtime, network issues, etc) that could interfere. If an order is missing from Shopify, and you have updated your settings - you can "Touch" the order as a means to re-submit it to Pipe17.
Touching an order in this case refers to a small change, or action performed on the order to trigger a re-sync. In most cases, adding a tag, saving, and removing the tag then saving again would be sufficient. Depending on your setup, you can also use notes, or another field - as long as a change is performed.
Fulfillment information missing/not updating on Shopify
- Fulfillment Settings not Enabled: Pipe17 will send the fulfillment status back to Shopify if you have "Push fulfillments to Shopify" enabled in your integration, and if the order has been fulfilled by a 3PL.
- Locations not merged or linked: If Shopify thinks the order is in Location ABC and that location is not merged into a fulfillment location in Pipe17 then Pipe17 cannot update the Shopify fulfillment. Please review the Merge Locations guide and ensure all Shopify locations that can fulfill orders are merged into a Pipe17 location tied to a fulfillment integration.
- Fulfillment errors: If your integration is correctly set up but fulfillments are not making it to Shopify, refer to the Pipe17 order page for any visible Order exceptions. You can also view and retry order events in the Events page. If a fulfillment fails to send to Shopify, you will see a "failed" event in that page and can retry it.
Inventory is not updating on Shopify.
- No inventory changes: Inventory updates are change-based, meaning we only send an update to Shopify in response to an inventory change in Pipe17. If there have been no changes to inventory of a particular SKU since you turned on the "Push inventory to Shopify" setting, it may be that an update was not triggered yet. To trigger one manually and ensure the integration is functioning, find the SKU in the Inventory page in Pipe17 and make an update to its inventory to see if it flows into Shopify. Refer to our guide on Updating inventory for exact steps.
- Inventory locations not mapped: In order to send inventory to Shopify, you must use the "Inventory Totals" setting described in this guide to send all Pipe17 inventory to one Shopify location, OR you need to merge (link) your locations in Shopify to the locations in Pipe17 that have inventory (usually 3PL or other fulfillment integration locations). Make sure your locations are properly associated using the Merge Locations guide.