The Products page will display a list of every product you have added to Pipe17. This list is populated by products pulled from one of your connected integrations, or added via a CSV upload.
In this article
Pipe17 products can be one or more of the following types:
- Simple: This is, as per the name, a simple product with no variants and no components.
- Parent: This is a product with variants, or "children" products - the variants could be different colors, sizes, or another variation of the same base product.
- Child: A child product is a variant of another (parent) product, like a specific color T-shirt.
- Bundle: A bundle is a product that is "composed" of other products, like a set or kit.
- Bundle Item: A bundle item is one of the components of a bundle product.
Product detail page
The full product information is displayed in the product detail page, which you can access by clicking on a specific product. Here you can see the product SKU and other fields, such as weight, price, and UPCs. This information can't be edited in the Pipe17 portal itself - it is synced with one of your integrations or specified in a CSV upload.
The product detail page is also where you can see product variants and add/edit bundles - to learn more about this and other product actions, see the Products section.
Bundles are product SKUs that, instead of representing a single product, actually stand for a group of products that is sold as a bundle or set. If you need to configure bundles in Pipe17, read our detailed guide on setting up bundles.
You can use the Channel options section to sync or stop syncing your products to certain channels. The integrations in this section correspond to the ones you have added in your Pipe17 integrations section.
To stop a product from syncing to a specific channel, un-check that channel in this section. Note that this will not delete the product from that system if it already exists, but it will prevent further changes from syncing over.
You can also add an inventory buffer in the channel options section by adding a number to the "Inventory Buffer" field for that integration.
If this number is anything other than zero, Pipe17 will subtract the buffer amount from the total amount of available stock when syncing inventory to that channel.
If your total inventory for this SKU is 100 and you add a buffer of 20 to your Shopify channel, only 80 units will sync to Shopify from Pipe17.
This is useful if you need to "reserve" inventory for any reason.
|Why doesn't the inventory buffer field appear for all my integrations? This field only appears for selling channel integrations, since an inventory buffer is only applicable to sellable inventory. The field is only visible next to integrations of the e-commerce category (such as Shopify, Walmart, etc).|
Add or delete products
There are 3 main ways of adding products to Pipe17:
- Connect to a system that has your product catalog: If you want to pull products from another system (like your selling channel), you can do this step as part of your integration setup, by enabling Product Sync in your selling channel integration.
- File upload via the portal: You can upload products from a file using the steps in our guide to import products via CSV.
- Pipe17 API: If one of your integrations is directly via the Pipe17 API, you can add products using the createProducts operation.
To delete a product, click the blue "Delete product" button in the Pipe17 product page. This action is not reversible.