BigCommerce is an eCommerce platform used for website creation, order management, and payment processing designed for merchants small and large. Pipe17 supports the following connection flows for the BigCommerce connector:
- Pull orders
- Pull OR push updates
- Pull OR push inventory
- Pull OR push fulfillments
- Pull locations (enabled by default)
In this Article
- Connecting BigCommerce to Pipe17
- Configuring Connection Flows
- Configuring Integration Settings
Before getting started on this guide, be sure that you are already logged into your BigCommerce account (in another tab), and ensure that you have administrator permissions. These will be needed to authorize the Pipe17 connection.
Connecting BigCommerce to Pipe17
- Log into your BigCommerce account by clicking this link, which will open in a new tab.
- In Pipe17, click on the Integrations tab and click Add Integration in the upper right corner.
- Search for BigCommerce, click Add.
- After clicking Add, a Connection Flow menu will appear. Leave all settings turned off for now. We will configure your connection flows later on in this guide.
- The next steps will be performed in BigCommerce, so make sure you are already logged in to your account.
- In BigCommerce, click Settings in the left navigation bar
- In the Settings window, scroll all the way down to the API section and expand the API accounts menu.
8. Click Create API Account in the upper right corner
9. Token type should be set to V2/V3 API token
10. The name should be set to Pipe17
11. Copy the API path provided in the grayed out box. Paste/Save this somewhere safe since you will need to enter this into Pipe17 to establish your connection.
Note: After completing the rest of this menu, you will not be able to go back to retrieve your API path.
12. Continue scrolling down to complete the permissions/OAuth scopes which should be set to the following:
- Customers: Read Only
- Information & Settings: Read Only
- Orders: Modify
- Order transactions: Read Only
- Products: Modify
13. Click Save in the bottom right corner.
14. After clicking Save, your BigCommerce API credentials will appear. DO NOT CLOSE OR DISMISS THIS SCREEN. Return to Pipe17 to complete the integration setup.
- Return to the same tab you had opened before where Pipe17 is prompting you to enter your BigCommerce API credentials.
- In the API URL field, paste the API path you copied/saved earlier.
- In the access token field, copy/paste the Access token displayed in the BigCommerce API credentials tab
4. Click Connect
You are now connected to BigCommerce via Pipe17. In the next steps, we will configure your connection flows and integration settings.
Configuring Connection Flows
- In Pipe17, click the Integrations tab on the left, and open the BigCommerce connector
- Click on the Settings tab (in the middle)
Pipe17 supports the following connection flows. Here's a description of them all:
- Pull orders from BigCommerce: Turning this on will enable Pipe17 to pull in your orders from BigCommerce
- Pull updates from BigCommerce product catalog: Turning this on will pull in any updates you made to your product catalog in BigCommerce
- Push updates to BigCommerce catalog: Turning this on will enable Pipe17 to push updates made in Pipe17 to your BigCommerce catalog
- Pull inventory information from BigCommerce: Turning this on will pull inventory per SKU from BigCommerce which will then be displayed in your Inventory tab in Pipe17.
- Push inventory information to BigCommerce: Turning this on will push inventory coming from another source to BigCommerce.
- Push fulfillments information to BigCommerce: Turning this on will enable Pipe17 to push fulfillments for each order to BigCommerce (tracking).
- Pull fulfillment information from BigCommerce: Turning this on will enable Pipe17 to pull fulfillment information from BigCommerce which will then be viewable on the respective order in Pipe17.
- Pull locations from BigCommerce: This is turned on by default and is needed so that Pipe17 can map your fulfillments to the correct BigCommerce location.
Configuring Integration Settings
Underneath your connection flows you will find a separate menu titled "Integration Specific Settings". Here you will be able to apply certain filters where needed (optional). We'll go over all of these in detail.
- Exclude orders created before this date: By default, Pipe17 will not pull in any orders created before the connection was established. However, you still have the option to add a date/time to exclude orders before that time frame.
- Process only orders with specific order IDs: This field is useful for testing prior to going live. Enter one or more Order ID in this field to tell Pipe17 to ONLY pull in those orders.
- Process draft orders: Turn on this toggle to tell Pipe17 to also process orders in that are in the draft status. If turned off, Pipe17 will only pull in active products.
- Update BigCommerce order status if canceled in Pipe17: Turning on this toggle will cancel the order in BigCommerce IF it's been canceled in Pipe17.
- Update BigCommerce order status if sent to fulfillment in Pipe17: Turning on this toggle will update your order in BigCommerce if the order has been sent to fulfillment in Pipe17.
- Force status for orders in progress: Enter a status here to tell Pipe17 to update the order in BigCommerce to this status once it's been fulfilled.
- Process only products with specific SKUs: Enter one or more SKU value here to tell Pipe17 to update/pull products ONLY for these SKUs.
- When applying updates to BigCommerce product, do not set price for variants: Turning on this toggle will tell Pipe17 to not apply price updates to variants of a product. The price will be updated only on the parent product.
- When creating product variants use order defined in variants parent options: Turning on this toggle will tell Pipe17 to push new variants to BigCommerce in the same listed order they have been created in Pipe17.
- When creating new products in BigCommerce mark them as purchasable: Turning on this toggle will tell Pipe17 to push the products to BigCommerce as purchasable products.
- Force product catalog resync: Turning on this toggle will trigger a product sync to/from BigCommerce on demand.
- Price titles to map price from: Enter your price titles as they appear in BigCommerce so that Pipe17 knows where to map prices to.
- Price titles to map MSRP from: Enter a price title as it appears in BigCommerce to tell Pipe17 where to map MSRPs to.
- Tax class for nontaxable products: By default, this is set to Non-Taxable Products. If you have a customized field in Pipe17 for this, enter it here.
- Default product category: Enter a default product catalog here to tell Pipe17 where to map your products to in BigCommerce.
- Process inventory information only for products with specific SKUs: Enter one or more SKU value here to tell Pipe17 to update inventory for those SKUs only.
- Force product catalog resync: Turn on this toggle to trigger an immediate inventory sync to/from BigCommerce.
|Need help with order flows or integration specific settings? Contact our support team. We're happy to help!|