Apparel Magic is an end-to-end ERP system designed for the fashion industry. Pipe17 supports the following data flows to/from Apparel Magic:
- Pull Orders from ApparelMagic
- Pull Product Catalog from ApparelMagic
- Push Inventory information to ApparelMagic
- Push Fulfillments (tracking) to ApparelMagic
- Pull Arrivals from ApparelMagic
- Push Receipts to ApparelMagic
- Pull Purchase Orders from ApparelMagic
|Note: This connector includes complex workflows that may be unique to your ApparelMagic environment. Please contact our team for onboarding assistance.|
In this Article
- Connecting Apparel Magic to Pipe17
- Configuring Data Flows
- Configuring ApparelMagic Settings
- Advanced Field Mapping Settings
- What's Next?
Before getting started on this guide, please ensure that you are already logged into ApparelMagic within a new tab, and have administrator or owner privileges for your account. You can log in to your ApparelMagic account by going to your assigned ApparelMagic URL. If you do not know your URL, please reach out to the ApparelMagic Sales team at email@example.com
Connecting ApparelMagic to Pipe17
- Log in to Pipe17
- Click the Integrations tab on the left navigation sidebar
- Click Add Integration in the top right corner
- Click Add
- Leave all Connection Flows disabled for now, we will revisit these later. Click Next.
After clicking Next, you will be prompted to enter your ApparelMagic URL and the API Token.
- Enter your ApparelMagic URL ex: https://accountName.app.apparelmagic.com
- In your Apparel Magic account, select the API option within your Settings menu
3. Select the Tokens tab, and click on the +New button at the bottom
4. Provide a name for the new token (Pipe17), and copy the new token
5. Paste it into the API Token field in Pipe17
6. Click Connect
Your ApparelMagic account is now integrated with Pipe17. To ensure a successful connection, return to the Integrations tab to confirm that the "Connected" status is appearing next to the ApparelMagic connector:
If you see an Error, or Not Configured status, please re-check your ApparelMagic URL and API Token or contact our support team for further assistance.
Configuring Data Flows
The ApparelMagic connector in Pipe17 supports a host of data (or order) flows that can manage how you decide to transfer data to/from other connectors (think fulfillment). Let's review them all in higher detail. To access these settings, click on the Integrations tab in Pipe17, click on ApparelMagic, and ensure that the Settings tab is selected:
- Pull orders from ApparelMagic: Turn this toggle ON to enable Pipe17 to begin pulling orders from ApparelMagic.
- Pull product catalog from ApparelMagic: Turn this toggle ON if you would like for Pipe17 to pull your product catalog from ApparelMagic. Once turned on, your products will begin populating in the Products tab within 15 minutes, depending on how large your catalog is.
- Push inventory information to ApparelMagic: Turn this toggle ON if you would like for Pipe17 to push inventory from another source (fulfillment for example) into ApparelMagic. Inventory will be updated by SKU.
- Push fulfillments to ApparelMagic: Turn this toggle ON if you would like for Pipe17 to push fulfillment information (tracking) into ApparelMagic. Fulfillments will be pushed to each respective order.
- Pull arrivals from ApparelMagic: Turn this toggle ON if you would like for Pipe17 to pull arrivals from ApparelMagic, which can then be pushed into another endpoint.
- Push receipts to ApparelMagic: Turn this toggle ON if you would like for Pipe17 to push receipts (from above) into ApparelMagic
- Pull purchase orders from ApparelMagic: Turn this toggle ON if you would like for Pipe17 to pull purchase orders from ApparelMagic. Purchase Orders will be listed and processed under the Inventory > Purchase Orders tab in Pipe17.
Configuring ApparelMagic Settings
In addition to the data flows reviewed above, the ApparelMagic connector also features a list of filters and additional settings that can help you fine-tune how that data is pulled or pushed from/to ApparelMagic. These settings can be found underneath the data flow toggles you just configured. Let's review those as well!
- Exclude orders created before this date/time: Add a date/time to this field to tell Pipe17 to ignore orders created before that date. If left blank, Pipe17 will pull in orders created at the time the integration was connected.
- Pull only orders with specific order IDs: enter one or more ApparelMagic order IDs to this field to tell Pipe17 to only pull in those orders. This filter is useful for testing the data flows you configured above.
- Pull only orders allocated to warehouses tied with fulfillment locations in Pipe17: Turn on this toggle to tell Pipe17 to only pull orders associated with a fulfillment location originating from another connector.
- Exclude purchases created before this date: Add a date/time to this field to tell Pipe17 to ignore purchase orders created in ApparelMagic before a certain date/time.
- Pull only purchase orders with specific order IDs: Add one or more ApparelMagic purchase IDs here to tell Pipe17 to only pull those POs from ApparelMagic. Note: the Pull Purchase Orders toggle must be turned on.
- Automatically create arrivals when a purchase order is ready for fulfillment in Pipe17: Turn this toggle ON if you would like for Pipe17 to automatically create an arrival (to be pushed back to ApparelMagic) as soon as the order changes to "Ready for fulfillment" state.
- Process only products with specific SKUs: Add one or more exact SKU values to this field to tell Pipe17 to only process those specific products from ApparelMagic.
- Process only products with UPC identified: Turn this toggle ON to tell Pipe17 to only pull in products that have a UPC attached to them.
- Process only products with specific seasons: Add one or more exact season value(s) here to tell Pipe17 to only pull products from those associated seasons in ApparelMagic.
- Process inventory information only for products with specific SKUs (must be a strict SKU value match): Add one or more SKU values here to tell Pipe17 to only update inventory for those SKU values in ApparelMagic.
Advanced Field Mapping Settings
The ApparelMagic connector offers the ability to add field-to-field mappings. This is useful when you are working with a variety of custom fields in ApparelMagic, or if you need data to be transferred in a certain way. These mapping options can be found within the mappings tab of the ApparelMagic connector:
|If you are unsure or unfamiliar with field-to-field mappings, please contact our support team for further assistance. Modifying existing fields, or adding new fields may result in stuck orders.|
Congrats! You've connected ApparelMagic to your Pipe17 account, and you're now ready to begin testing! Check out our Pipe17 Quick Start Guide for some helpful instructions on testing and other subjects.