Sometimes you might need to create a manual shipping request in Pipe17, maybe to send a stuck order for fulfillment while you troubleshoot your Order Routing settings, or maybe because you want to pick a specific shipping method or fulfillment location. To do so, follow the steps below.
In this article
Cancel existing shipping requests
If there are existing shipping requests on the order that you need to delete, follow the steps below.
|Deleting a shipping request in Sent for fulfillment status does not delete it at the 3PL. You must delete/cancel the shipment directly with your fulfillment center, otherwise the items will still ship.|
- Find the order in your Pipe17 Orders page, and click on it to view the order details page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the order page: any shipping requests will display under the order price total.
- Click the "Cancel" button to delete the shipping request.
When you cancel a shipping request, you'll be presented with a pop-up with the option to "Restock items". If you leave this checked, any SKU(s) that were committed due to the shipping request will be un-committed, and the available stock for that SKU will increase by the same amount. This will display as a shipCancelRestock event in your Inventory Ledger.
Create a new shipping request
|After you make an edit to an order, Pipe17's Order Routing Engine will automatically re-run and try to route any un-routed items on the order. If you are trying to re-send an order for fulfillment after changing some order information, make sure to wait a few minutes before creating a manual shipping request, since one may be created for you automatically. Otherwise, you may be at risk of double-shipping.|
- On the order page, click the "New shipping request" button at the top right of the page.
- Select the Location at which you want the item(s) to be fulfilled.
- Type in the Shipping Method you want to use for the order.
- Specify the quantity of each item that you want to include in this shipping request.
- Click save.
Once the new request is created, the order and shipping request should move to Sent for fulfillment status within a few minutes. If not, check your order page for any errors and review our documentation on Order Exceptions.