When Pipe17 routes an order for fulfillment, it creates a Shipping Request. This is the data that gets sent to your 3PL or fulfillment center. At times you may have to create or cancel shipping requests.
In this article
When Pipe17 receives an order, it routes the order to a fulfillment location. If the order is successfully routed, Pipe17 creates a shipping request with the order information. The shipping request is the piece of data that is sent to your fulfillment integration.
Shipping requests cannot be directly edited, so if the shipping request is generated incorrectly, it must be cancelled and re-created.
Cancel a shipping request
If there are existing shipping requests on the order that you need to delete, follow the steps below.
|Deleting a shipping request in Sent for fulfillment status does not delete it at the 3PL. You must delete/cancel the shipment directly with your fulfillment center, otherwise the items will still ship. Read our help guide on order cancellations for best practices around this process.|
- Find the order in your Pipe17 Orders page, and click on it to view the order details page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the order page: any shipping requests will display under the order price total.
- Click the "Cancel" button to delete the shipping request.
When you cancel a shipping request, you'll be presented with a pop-up with the option to "Restock items". If you leave this checked, any SKU(s) that were committed due to the shipping request will be un-committed, and the available stock for that SKU will increase by the same amount. This will display as a shipCancelRestock event in your Inventory Ledger.
Create a shipping request
|After you make any edit to an order, Pipe17 will automatically try to route any un-routed items on the order. If you are trying to re-send an order for fulfillment after changing some order information, make sure to wait a few minutes before creating a manual shipping request, since one may be created for you automatically. If you don't wait and check, you may be at risk of double-shipping.|
- On the order page, click the "New shipping request" button at the top right of the page.
- Select the Location at which you want the item(s) to be fulfilled.
- Type in the Shipping Method you want to use for the order.
- Specify the quantity of each item that you want to include in this shipping request.
- Click save.
Once a new shipping request is generated, the order and shipping request should move to Sent for fulfillment status within a few minutes. If not, it may be that the request has failed to reach the 3PL for some reason. In this case, do the following:
- Check your order page for any errors and review our documentation on Order Exceptions.
- Review your events page in Pipe17 and check if the outbound Shipping Request event to your 3PL integration is in Acknowledged or Completed state. If it is in Failed state, check the event details for an error message.