Cin7 Omni is an advanced OIMS (Order and Inventory Management System) designed for mid to enterprise level businesses. Pipe17 supports the following order flows for this integration:
- Pull OR Push orders from/to Cin7 Omni; OR process order updates in both directions
- Pull inventory from Cin7 Omni
- Push fulfillments information to Cin7 Omni
- Pull locations (branches) from Cin7 Omni
In this Article
Before getting started on this guide, ensure that you have administrator access to your Cin7 Omni account. You will need admin permissions to access your API Username and API Key.
- Ensure that you are already logged into your Cin7 Omni account and open this link in a new tab. This will direct you to Cin7 Omni's API Setup wizard
- Click on Add New API Connection
- Specify a name for the connection (can be left as default)
- Copy the generated API key and keep it in a safe and accessible place. This will be used in Pipe17 to establish the connection
- Next, collect and save your API username which will appear on the main API setup Dashboard
6. Next, click Permissions (third column over) and configure them to match this screenshot:
7. Click Save
Connecting Cin7 Omni
- Click on the Connection tab, collect your API Username and API Key and insert them into their designated fields:
2. Click Save
Congrats! Your Cin7 Omni account is now connected to Pipe17. In the next steps we'll configure your order flows to ensure that your orders and other data are being pushed to the correct places.
The Pipe17 Cin7 Omni connector supports the following order flows which can be toggled on/off depending on your needs
- Pull OR push orders from/to Cin7 Omni; OR process order updates in both directions
- Pull orders will ONLY pull orders from Cin7 Omni
- Push orders will ONLY push orders TO Cin7 Omni
- Process order updates in both directions will perform both of the above functions
- Pull product catalog updates from Cin7 Omni
- Toggling this order flow ON will enable Pipe17 to pull your entire product catalog from Cin7 Omni
- Pull inventory changes from Cin7 Omni
- Selecting this option will enable Pipe17 to pull inventory changes from your Cin7 Omni account which will be reflected in Pipe17 and pushed to other integrations if enabled
- Push fulfillment information to Cin7 Omni
- Turning on this flow will push fulfillment information from your fulfillment provider (including tracking data) to Cin7 Omni
- Pull locations (branches) from Cin7 Omni
- Turning on this flow will enable Pipe17 to pull locations from Cin7 Omni which will be displayed in your Inventory > Locations tab. Locations are referred to as "branches" in Cin7 Omni.
Congrats! You're now ready to begin testing your new Cin7 Omni <> Pipe17 connection. Before you get started, ensure that the Orders connection flow is disabled. This will prevent any unwanted orders from coming in while you place your test order.
- Under Integration Specific Settings, you have the option to process only orders with specific order IDs. We will be using this field when placing a test order in Cin7 Omni.
- Place your test order in Cin7 Omni and be sure to copy the order ID after it's been created
- If you want Pipe17 to pull in orders from a specific branch (location), you also have the option to add this in the Pull orders into Pipe17 only when associated with specific branch name field
- In Pipe17, paste your test order ID into the Process only orders with specific order IDs field
- If your order has a specific stage in Cin7 Omni, you can add this stage to the When pulling orders from Cin7 Omni only take orders with specific stages field. Release To Pick and Release to Pick - WMS are added by default.
- If you want Pipe17 to only import orders with specific tags, you can apply these tags in Pipe17 in the When pulling orders from Cin7 Omni only take orders with specific tags field
- When you're ready, at the top, turn on your Orders flow to your desired setting (must be pull or process order updates in both directions)
- Click Save at the bottom
Your test order should pull into Pipe17 within 5-20 minutes. When you're ready to go live, be sure to remove your specific order ID filter and configure your stage filter accordingly.
|Need help with configuring your order flows? Having trouble placing a test order? Contact our support team. We're happy to help!|