Acumatica provides cloud and browser based Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software for small and medium-sized businesses. Pipe17 supports the following connection flows to/from Acumatica:
- Push or pull products to/from Acumatica
- Pull product catalog
- Pull and/or push inventory to/from Acumatica
- Pull and/or push locations to/from Acumatica
In this Article
- Connecting Acumatica to Pipe17
- Configuring Order Flows
- Configuring Integration Specific Settings
- Custom Mapping
Before getting started on this guide, ensure that you are already logged into your Acumatica portal with administrator privileges.
In addition, please download the Pipe17 customization project XML file from this link, which will open in a new tab. This file will be needed later in the connection process.
Connecting Acumatica to Pipe17
- Login to Pipe17
- Click on the Integrations tab
- Click Add Integration in the upper right corner
- Search for Acumatica > Add
5. After clicking Add, you will be prompted to configure connection flows. Leave all fields disabled. We will revisit these later. Click Next.
6. Next, you will be prompted to enter Acumatica specific information into the required fields in order to establish your connection. First up, your API URL can be found in the URL bar after logging into your Acumatica dashboard. Be sure to include the https:// and the .acumatica.com/ at the end. The final URL should look like this: (be sure to leave out anything after the /)
7. Enter the API Endpoint in the designated field. The API endpoint will always be Pipe17/001
8. Enter your API Client ID. To locate this ID, log into Acumatica and click on the Integrations tab > Connected Applications:
9. After clicking Connected Applications, enter Pipe17 as the Client Name
10. Select Authorization Code under the OAuth 2.0 Flow dropdown
11. Next, click the Add Shared Secret button. A new window will appear where you will be promoted to enter a description. Type Pipe17 as the description and leave the expiration date blank.
12. Copy the key in the Value row, and paste it into the API Client Secret field in Pipe17
13. Return to the Acumatica tab and click OK. In the same screen, click the Redirect URLs tab and click the + icon to add a new item
14. Enter https://connector-webhooks-master.service.pipe17.com/connector_acumatica/token into the Redirect URL field, click the Save icon in the upper left corner.
15. After saving, a new Client ID will show in the Client ID row. Copy this key, and paste it into the API Client ID field in Pipe17. Do not click Connect. Return back to the Acumatica tab.
16. Back in Acumatica, click the More Items tab and select Customization.
17. Next, Select Customization Projects
18. Click the Import button at the top and upload the Pipe17 Customization Project File you downloaded earlier. Click Upload.
19. Return back to Pipe17.
Once finished, you're fields in Pipe17 should look like this. Click Connect.
Configuring Order Flows
Now that you are connected, you will need to configure your connection flows to ensure that Pipe17 is pushing (and sometimes pulling) order data to/from Acumatica. Pipe17 supports all the basic order flows for the Acumatica connector. Here's a description of them all:
- Push orders to Acumatica: Selecting this option will enable Pipe17 to PUSH orders from another connected channel to Acumatica.
- Pull orders from Acumatica: Selecting this option will enable Pipe17 to PULL orders from Acumatica, so that they can be pushed to another connector.
- Pull product catalog information from Acumatica: Turning on this toggle will enable Pipe17 to pull your product catalog from Acumatica, which will be viewable in your Products tab in Pipe17.
- Pull inventory updates from Acumatica: Selecting this option will enable Pipe17 to pull inventory per product from your Acumatica account. Your inventory will be visible both on the product level and within the inventory tab in Pipe17.
- Push inventory updates to Acumatica: Selecting this option will enable Pipe17 to PUSH inventory updates into Acumatica per product. Select this option if the source of truth for your inventory is coming into Pipe17 from another integration.
- Pull locations from Acumatica: Selecting this option will enable Pipe17 to pull in one or more "locations" configured in your Acumatica account. This could be a physical warehouse location, or a virtual location like you would find in Shopify for example.
- Push locations to Acumatica: Selecting this option will enable Pipe17 to PUSH locations into Acumatica. Select this option if you would ONLY like to record order/location data in Acumatica.
- Push AND Pull locations based on location attributes: Selecting this option will perform both of the above functions based on the locations that exist both within Acumatica and Pipe17.
Configuring Integration Specific Settings
Pipe17 gives you additional functionality that can help you manage your orders and information more granularly. These settings can be found underneath the connection flow options we went over previously. Many of these functions are used for testing purposes, but they can also be used to filter certain orders/products from being pulled or pushed. Let's go over these in more detail:
- Pull orders from Acumatica only when associated with specific warehouse name: Enter a warehouse name here to tell Pipe17 to only pull orders for this one warehouse location. Pull orders must be turned on for this to work.
- Push orders to Acumatica only for specific order sources: Enter one or more order sources (shopify, walmart, etc) in this field to tell Pipe17 to push orders to Acumatica ONLY for orders originating from these sources.
- User order type defined below when pushing sales orders to Acumatica: Enter an order type here to tell Pipe17 to push that order type along with the order when pushing orders into Acumatica.
- Push orders to Acumatica for fulfillment: Turning on this toggle will tell Pipe17 to push orders to Acumatica and mark them ready for fulfillment. Turn this on if your orders being pushed into Acumatica's WMS.
- Process orders with specific order IDs: This function is primarily used for testing. Enter one or more order ID in this field to tell Pipe17 to only pull/push orders with those specific IDs.
- Assign Tax ID to orders pushed to Acumatica: Enter a Tax ID here so that Pipe17 sends this along with the order when pushing it to Acumatica.
- Process only products with specific SKUs: Enter one or more SKU value here if you want Pipe17 to push/pull products to/from Acumatica for certain products.
- Process only inventory items with specific SKUs: Enter one or more SKU value here if you want Pipe17 to push/pull inventory to/from Acumatica for certain products only.
- Process inventory counts associated only with locations specified on the list below: Enter one or more warehouse locations here if you want Pipe17 to push/pull inventory counts per product for only certain SKUs.
Pipe17 supports the following entities for custom mapping.
- From Acumatica
- Shipping Requests
- Onto Acumatica
- Shipping Requests
Need help with order flows, integration specific settings, or custom mappings? Contact our support team. We're happy to help!